Monday, May 3, 2010

Best Met Gala Looks

There were a few good looks at this year's Met Gala once you weeded through all the chaff. I didn't feel like there were any truly stand-out showings, but here were my favorites:

pacey
Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson - Diane's dress is very simple but fits impeccably. But Joshua's ensemble puts the couple in the winner's circle.

elizabethbanks
Elizabeth Banks - I like the dress okay, but I love the full styling going on here. This is a sultry style we don't often see on her, and I really dig it.

jenniferlopez
Jennifer Lopez - I'm not normally a big fan of her style, but she picked a good one tonight, and if she would tone down the sexy-face a bit, she's be even higher on the list.

alexanderwang
MIA, Alexander Wang, and Zoe Kravitz - Representing for the hipsters! I love that they had the balls to show up like this, though it does help that Wang is Wintour's special little pet.

januaryjones
January Jones - I love this crazy bitch. She does what she wants and though it's not always on the mark, it's always entertaining. If she keeps it up for a few more years, she'll be heading to Chloe Sevigny territory.

kristinbell
Kristen Bell - This is a very interesting dress, and I'm glad that Bell is able to get these sorts of options. Now if only we can see her in more roles!

gwenstefani
Gwen Stefani - Second runner-up for best dressed. And she's wearing her own line! Savvy and fashionable.

blakelively
Blake Lively - First runner-up for best dressed. This color is beautiful and I really like all the detailing. And her makeup and hair artists are always spot on. Major props.

emmawatson
Emma Watson - BEST DRESSED! Oh Emma, you are so great. You have fantastic taste, you've landed the affections of Burberry, and you always look like you're vaguely pleased to be at the event, but it should be blessed that you've graced it with your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment